AI is helping to make all transport modes safer, cleaner, smarter, and more comfortable. AI can apply in vehicles, infrastructure, drivers or transport users, and how these interact to deliver a transport service.
• Track platooning,
• Road transport services offered in sharing economy platforms,
• Route optimization,
• Helping with road traffic management by analyzing traffic patterns, volume, and other factors.
• Traffic management systems, separation standards, and airspace panning design,
• Marketing and sales,
• Optimizing distribution,
• Pricing decisions,
• Translation of historical and real-time insights about customer's behavior into real-time tactical changes,
• Predicting customers behavior needs basing on their social media behavior (using sentiment analysis),
• Ground handling (pushback, towing, fueling, catering, loading, unloading, de-icing, anti-icing, passengers, cargo, and mail transportation).
• Automation of train operation (ATO).
SHIPPING, NAVIGATION AND PORTS
• Detection of anomalies in marine operations,
• Technical operations and maintenance,
• Making a ship more energy-efficient,
• Helping to meet emission control standards,
• Identifying ships when AIS transmitters off (based on advanced image recognition and recorded ship movement),
• Predictions of delays due to bad weather, traffic congestion, required maintenance, estimates of future demand and oil prices,
• Port call optimization.